The Jester, the Artist, and the Little Lion … is one of Howard Frazin’s best works. Elegant and attractive, it inhabits a slightly clouded tonal world that ably weds aspects of Leonard Bernstein and Olivier Messiaen. There’s plenty of intricate textural detail that pleases, too—it’s charming without being lightweight.
—David Cleary, New Music Connoisseur
- The Meiningen Trio. American Tribute Concert at the Taylor House, Jamaica Plain, MA. April 15, 2016.
- Nicholas Davies, clarinet; Aaron Wolff, cello; Christopher Staknys, piano. Groupmuse concert at Frieda L. Stein Music Studio, Somerville, MA. June 7, 2014.
- Jonathan Cohler, clarinet; Julia Bruskin, cello; Eliko Akahori, piano. International Woodwind Festival 2007 recital, Seully Hall, Boston, MA. June 5, 2007.
Performed by 65 different groups worldwide in 2005–06, including:
- Philipp Staeudlin, alto saxophone; Rafael Popper-Keizer, cello; Laura Kennedy, piano. Longy Faculty Artist Concert, Pickman Hall, Cambridge, MA. November 9, 2005.
- Philipp Staeudlin, alto saxophone; Rafael Popper-Keizer, cello; Laura Kennedy, piano. Longy SeptemberFest, Pickman Hall, Cambridge, MA. September 17, 2005.
- Clifford Leaman, alto saxophone; Robert Jesselson, cello; Charles Fugo, piano. Faculty Recital, University of South Carolina School of Music, Columbia, SC. April 16, 2005.
- Jorge Hoyo, alto saxophone; Marie Schmit, cello; Fernanda Ortega, piano. Maison du Mexique, Paris France. March 28, 2005.
- Kenneth Radnofsky, alto saxophone; Thomas Kraines, cello; John McDonald, piano. Composers in Red Sneakers Concert, St. Paul’s Church, Brookline, MA. March 20, 2005.
- Kenneth Radnofsky, alto saxophone; Lauren Radnofsky, cello; John McDonald, piano. New England Conservatory Faculty Artist Concert, Jordan Hall, Boston, MA. February 22, 2005. [Premiere]